Hampshire Sheen’s Microcrystalline quick drying wax is an ideal protective finish for many different project applications and has many uses besides wood which is both fingerprint and water resistant. Microcrystalline Wax is a hard wearing overcoat for an extra level of gloss and protection to your decorative wood items. A little goes a very long way, so use it sparingly!
How to use:
- Sand your work down to at least 400 grit (or use Yorkshire Grit)
- Clean the grain with methylated spirit or a soft brass brush.
- Apply a coat of sanding sealer, then de-nib once thoroughly dry.
- Liberally apply your wax of choice, and work deeply into the grain of the wood.
- Wait until dry, then buff off. This will leave the surface with a good shine and white or black grain patterns.
- You can then lightly overcoat it with Hampshire Sheen Microcrystalline for an even brighter, tougher finish. The carnauba and microcrystalline waxes also give a tough and hard wearing finish. Then buff off the overcoat for a bright finish.
Size: 130g, in a lever lid tin