Hampshire Sheen Original Lustre brings a protective shine to your pieces, while warming the look of the wood. Original Lustre will make a great addition to your collection of preferred finishes, and it’s easy to apply! Use on decorative wood only.
Original Lustre is great for spalted woods, natural edge pieces where a satin finish is preferred.
How to use:
- Sand your work down to at least 400 grit, or use Yorkshire Grit
- Clean your piece with a little methylated spirit (denatured alcohol)
- Apply a coat of sanding sealer, then de-nib once thoroughly dry.
- Apply a little (just a dab on kitchen towel) Original Lustre with the lathe spinning, and spread evenly over the surface. (Use less than you think!)
- Burnish the sheen until you have a shiny lustre finish.
Did you know? Hampshire Sheen Original is used by tool manufacturer Robert Sorby on their tool handles?
Size: 130g, in a lever lid tin
- Due to Brexit the following countries do NOT allow imports of this item:
- Norway, Switzerland, and all EU countries if not mentioned below.
- We can still ship this to:
- Cyprus, Malta, and Spain
- If your country is not listed above:
- Please email us to check.