Alumilite Clear is an extra strong crystal-clear resin. It is great for a wide variety of clear casting applications. Alumilite Clear is a favourite with woodturners, as it is brilliant for hybrid work and turning. Alumilite Clear comes in two versions, one is slower giving you a longer work time.
Alumilite Clear produces an extra strong, crystal clear casting which polishes to a high shine beautifully. It can be dyed or pigmented and produces an optically clear casting. This resin has excellent cosmetic detail and is easy to use. Alumilite Clear Slow version has a 12 min open time, whilst Alumilite Clear has a 7 minute pot life.
It is highly recommended for encapsulating and turning applications as it is extremely strong and durable. The fully cured resin can be turned with chipping or cracking, and sanded and buffed to a high polish.
It comes in two versions;
- Alumilite Clear, with a 7 minute pot life, and 45-90 minutes de-mould time. See technical data at the bottom of the page for more details.
- Alumilite Clear Slow, with a 12 minute pot life, and 2-4 hours de-mould time. See technical data at the bottom of the page for more details.
Both versions are available in the following sizes:
The resin comes in two parts with the total weight split over two bottles so, for instance; the 2lbs will come as 2 x 1lb bottles - one 1lb part A and one 1lb part B.
- High impact, crystal clear
- Two versions, one with longer working time
- Easy-to-use with a 1:1 mix ratio (by weight)
- Thin viscosity for easy mixing
- Easily dyed or pigmented
- Hard - can be turned, drilled, sanded, and polished to high gloss
- Off-mixing may produce hazy or frosted parts
- Minimal bubbles can be achieved by slowly mixing and pouring
- Pressure casting is recommended for bubble-free results
- B side may thicken and need to be warmed before use
- Recommended for experienced resin users.
- Pressure casting is required.
- Water based dyes and colours can't be used with this resin
- The shelf life of Alumilite Clear is 3 months unopened, we highly recommend using it within its shelf life to maintain optimum clarity and stability
- Keep the caps on tight at all times, even during use; just pour out what you need and then replace the caps immediately
The Alumilite Dyes are ideal for this resin. They come in a huge range of colours including skin and fluorescent neon colours. All Mica Powder Pigments also work great. For a glow-in-the-dark effect, use the Phosphorescent Powder.
For detailed instructions and more information about using this product, please read Alumilite's Technical Safety Data sheet here.
Regarding health & safety, we always recommend doing your own research, and make your own decisions on any precautions you need to take. Read the SDS and get advice if needed. We suggest ensuring you have good ventilation, and protect your skin and eyes (use nitrile gloves only, don’t use latex with resin). If you work with a large amount of resin, or work with it often, you might want to invest in a VOC filtered face mask.
Click here for Woodturning Instructions
|Product||Alumilite Clear||Alumilite Clear Slow|
|Mix ratio||1:1 Weight||1:1 Weight|
|Demold time (100gm mass)||45-90 min||2-4 hours|
|Mixed viscosity (cps)||450||400|
|Shore hardness (ASTM D2240)||78-80 D||80 D|
|Tensile strength (ASTM D638, psi)||4,200||3,120|
|Temperature resistance||60ºC (140ºF)||60ºC (140ºF)|
- Due to Brexit the following countries do NOT allow imports of this item:
This is the best resin i used in my life so far. very fast demolding time, easy mix ratio by weight. clear like glass, easy to sand and finish. i highly recommend this product. no other resin cures so fast and still is clear (i tried few 24 or more hours demolding resins, less wait but same or even better results is worth the price).
Best resin I’ve used , also top company to deal with , they try their best with customers .. thanks
As always, fast delivery, everything in order and I’m loving the product, easy mixing 1:1 by weight, fast curing max 4hours de mould time and crystal clear
Great product and great service as per usual. Used correctly this product cures to a brilliant, clear end result. I use for turning and it turns perfectly.
a great resin never had a problem with this short work time but that's what i look for and fast demold time very pleased good guidance provided also fast delivery and good communication
How To Mix Alumilite Clear, Wood Turning Supplies | Alumilite
Curtis Seebeck with TurnTex Woodworks demonstrates the proper ...
Insect Encapsulation using Alumilite Clear Resin | Alumilite
Insect Encapsulation using Alumilite Clear Resin is a techniqu...
Alumilite Clear Slow Product Overview | Alumilite
Alumilite Clear Slow is a crystal-clear resin with a longer (t...
Make It: How To Make An X-Wing Sphere With Resin | Alumilite
We had the honor of flying out to Pennsylvania to spend the da...