Hampshire Sheen embellishing wax adds that something extra to open grained woods such as Oak and Ash.
For best results, choose a wax which is complimentary to your shade of wood. For use on decorative wood only.
How to use:
- Sand your work down to at least 400 grit (or use Yorkshire Grit)
- Clean the grain with methylated spirit or a soft brass brush.
- Apply a coat of sanding sealer, then de-nib once thoroughly dry.
- Liberally apply your wax of choice, and work deeply into the grain of the wood.
- Wait until dry, then buff off. This will leave the surface with a good shine and white or black grain patterns.
- You can then lightly overcoat it with Hampshire Sheen High Gloss, or Microcrystalline for an even brighter, tougher finish. The carnauba and microcrystalline waxes give a tough and hard wearing finish.
Currently, there are five to choose from in the range: Gold, Silver, Bronze, Black and White.
Size: 130g, in a lever lid tin