Dogbone Tube-In ONLY Resin Casting Mould
If you enjoy clear casting labels, watch parts, skins, hybrids, etc. and are looking for a solution for tube-in casting, then the new Maneater Crafts “DogBone” tube-in casting mould is for you! It’s a single mould solution that is super simple to use and will work with the majority of turning kits on the market (not to exceed tubes over 12.5mm in diameter). It’s a one mould fits all solution! That includes most pen kits, seam rippers, razors and even darts!
Milled from solid HDPE makes it virtually indestructible, and it won’t warp or crack. The mould body should last for years if properly cared for.
- Dogbone mould with 2 x chambers: 140mm (5 1/2”) L x 19.5mm (3/4”) W x 19mm (3/16”) D
- 4 x Removable Small silicone stoppers for 9.5mm (3/8”) tubes
- 4 x Removable Large silicone stoppers for 12.5mm (1/2”) tubes
- 4 x Rubber feet.
What else is special about the DogBone? The unique design allows multiple moulds to stack one on top of the other. They will self-align with the included rubber feet and if pressure casting in a 2.5 gallon pot, you can stack them up to six moulds high and two stacks side by side. That gives you the ability to cast up to 24 blanks at a time! And best of all, no mould caddy is needed! That makes this mould ideal for hobby casters and volume casters alike. Use with any of our casting resins.
Demoulding is easy! Just turn the mould upside down, bang the ends a few times on your work bench and watch the blanks fall out.* The blanks can then easily be end trimmed and squared up on a table saw if needed.
*The DogBone is strictly intended for tube-in casting since the chambers don’t include bottom plugs to assist with blank removal.
- *Be sure to apply a high quality mould release - either a silicone or wax based release agent is recommended. Just spray the release agent into and on top of the chambers ensuring complete coverage and allow to dry before pouring your resin.
- A rubberised dead blow hammer will help the demould process. Lightly tap the bottom and sides of the mould once your blanks have fully cured, then turn the mould over and tap the mould ends against your work bench top to see your blanks release. Polyester resin blanks will release with little effort at all, but epoxy blanks may require a few extra taps against your bench top before releasing.
Size of mould: 171mm (6 3/4”) L x 82mm (3 1/4”) W x 24mm (9/16”) D
If you are interested in casting full chamber blanks then please try one of the other Maneater moulds available here.